Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sorry for the lack of updates recently...

Nothing has been going on much lately. I've only ridden Dixie a few times since the trail riding trip. I've said this before but I really need to bump up her training. I've been doing spirals, figure 8s, and serpetines regulary now and I'm sure that's helping. That's about all I've been doing though now, it's been so hot and humid, we just don't feel like doing much and I feel bad working her in that kind of humidity, she's got to miserable some days.

I've got a dentist appointment tomorrow(today, haven't slept yet) and then hopefully I'll be heading out to the barn and I'm going to try to start her passenger riding lessons tomorrow, hopefully that will go well. It will be good for me too cause I've gotten so used to almost always steering her. I hope it won't be busy because obviously I can't do anything like that if there's another horse, it usually isn't during the day. I'm also going to the tack store tomorrow to get some first aid items and a crop...I have a feeling I might need a crop for tomorrow if I don't use Sherri's bridle with the splint reins and I use mine with the roper reins.

That's all for right now, I better get to bed, I've got that dentist appointment early tomorrow!

No comments: