Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Today Was Just Nice and Relaxing

I went out to the stable in the afternoon, took a while to groom her and hopped on bareback. We just walked around, a little trotting but she was being a butt about her bit. I really want to get her out of that, she hates it. Luckily, I'm ordering the new bit this week so hopefully that wil make a difference and I'll start lunging her with side reins.

After I rode her bareback for a while, I went ahead and set up ground poles in the round pen and lunged her over them. She did really well! I, then, set up a small jump. I got her to jump it a few times but I don't see a jumper in her future :D. That's just fine by me, she tries her heart out, that's all I need.

I'm going out again to see her tomorrow, maybe I'll have something more interesting to say. I'm going to try to get her in a different bit.

No comments: