Monday, July 7, 2008

Went Out Yesterday and Going Out Later Tonight

I have to go to work in an hour a half so this will be somewhat short compared to normal.

My dad took me out yesterday to ride Dixie. The ride went pretty well despite the heat and her not 100% cooperating, but when do they ever cooperate 100%? She's getting better and better each day though. It wasn't a very long ride and we didn't do a whole bunch, mostly because of the heat, but we got the basics down. She did have a slight bucking spirt but it wasn't that bad at all, she was just mad at my heel being put into her. She was shouldering out and I was trying to move over shoulder back over, she's done this before. She never wants to get you off, she just gets mad and pissy. Typical mare attitude, eh?

So tonight after I get off of work, I'll be going out there to either ride if the weather feels alright or do some much needed fly spray training. She is afraid of the fly spray hitting her skin, she's fine with the bottle itself and if it's spray around her. I think once it hits her skin it turns into a horse-eating fly spray bottle!! Oh no!! So I've got a spray bottle filled with water all ready to go, it's going to take a little bit for her to get used to it completely but at least we'll get there eventually. I also haven't done any groundwork with her whatsoever so if I go ahead and do some fly spray training, I'm going to go ahead and do the goundwork that I haven't as well.

Well, I've got to go, my dog is hanging over my screen. I wouldn't want to get doggie drool all over it!

No comments: