Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dixie's Back is Like a Couch!!

I rode her bareback today for the first time and she is soo comfortable!! She did very well too, especially considering that I was having some balance issues and depeneded on her sometimes to help keep me on. She also did very well with me getting on, I was expecting her to not standstill or buck, something. Nope, nothing, she did absolutely nothing and gave me time to get positioned and everything.

We had a rough morning though. I went out to go get her and she gave me a really hard time and then when I was latching the gate, I let the lead slip out of my hand and I figured she would just graze. Nope she went running down the aisleway in between the two pastures!! Brat! It took me more than 20 minutes to catch her! I then took her in and put her straight in the round pen and worked her. She did well and I then gave her a good bathing. She looked great and her mane felt wonderful. After that was all done and she was mostly dry, I took her out with me to the chairs in front of the outdoor arena, ate my poptart, and let her graze for a while around me while I watched the riding in the arena.

All in all, it was a good day.

I also got all of my supplies from horse.com today!! Yay!!

No comments: