Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I miss the stable...

I haven't been out to the stable in about two weeks!

Last Tuesday, I had surgey to get my wisdom teeth taken out. I had a lot of trouble with my teeth being sore and then when I took the pain medicine, it made me sick. It was awful. I missed a week and a half of school. The most annoying part was that we had called the dentist and told him about my pain because we were concerned that it could be dry socket. He said it was normal. So I took almost two weeks of severe pain in my jaw and feeling horrible from the pain medications and then I refused to take any more medicine, I was sick of feeling awful and not being able to eat, we called back and now he says it's not normal! Geesh! It's easy, I went in and he put this dressing on the two that had dry socket and then two days later, he took it off. I still have some pain but it's not nearly as bad, at least it's bearable.

I am also completely stressed out about school. This is my senior year, except for that fact that I'm not graduating until December of this year, but it's still my senior year and this is my last semester of classes for high school. All I'll be doing next semester is my walkabout and I'll probably be taking a couple of online courses but that's all.

It has actually been really hard recently, all of the seniors are coming back from walkabout and I have to sit there and hear about their adventures and the know the fact that they're graduating in a week while I'm still stuck at school. Don't get me wrong, I'm plenty excited for them, most of them are my friends, it just makes me sad. I'm ok as long as I have somebody with me that's going through the same thing but when I'm the only one, it's pretty awful. Luckily, I do have a really good friend who is going through the exact same thing. He was actually really sweet today, he said, "So, you want to mope around with me tomorrow? We can mope together." This made me feel so good. I have a shoulder if I need one and so does he. Tomorrow is the awards ceremony and the seniors will be honored and everything, it is definitely more than a bit upsetting.

Anyways, so that's why I haven't been able to go out to the stable and I miss it terribly. I haven't been riding in two weeks either! I miss Dixie and all the other horses!!

Luckily, I go back on Thursday for a few hours and I should start leasing Dixie this month.


Here she is:


No comments: